January 14, 2010

Reading with kids

I'm have a book club with my nephews - how cool is that? Here is what we have read recently:

1. Mummies in the Morning
Luke and I are working out way through the Magic Tree House series. These are about the fun adventures of Jack and Annie, and in this one they land in Egypt.

2. Pirates Past Noon
In this book, Jack and Annie are captured by pirates! Luke was fascinated by the gold medallion and thinks that the pirates must also be the ones who make our magic treasure box work.

3. Hot Dog
Beginner reader series. Jonah read this one all by himself. I cannot seem to find a link to the series.

4. Fat Cat
Beginner reader series. Jonah read this one all by himself. I cannot seem to find a link to the series.

5. Ten Little Fish
Luke read this "baby" book to Jonah yesterday. He had checked it out from his school library. I guess sometimes you need a break from chapter books.

6. Horton Hatches The Egg
This is one of my fave Seuss books and I loved that Luke read it. He was giggling as he pictured poor Horton on that nest.

7. Amazing Snakes
Luke loved this one. He learned about different kinds of snakes. His fave? Rattlesnake. He was convinced that he could outlive a constrictor, so we performed an experiment to see how long he could hold his breath as he was being slowly squeezed. How can you not love reading with kids?

No comments: