January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

May 2010 be the best year yet.

So this is typically resolution time. Yup, those unreasonable goals I used to set in the midst of a burst of motivation, only to fall off the plan once the adrenaline wore off. So changed all that in the past several years. Instead I reflect on where I am right now and where I'd like to be at the end of year. Then I come up a word or phrase that captures my intention for the entire year.

For example:
2008 was Health and Wealth
2009 was Passion

And for 2010?
My word is Connect.

Themes include: Deepen relationships with those I care about. Strengthen my mind-body connection. Build a wider, more diverse community. Explore ideas that change, enhance or deepen my mental models. Pay attention to the butterfly effect - how do my actions, thoughts, words manifest themselves? Connect the dots.

If you had to pick one theme for the new year. What would it be?

3 comments:

Leslie Charles said...

A friend suggested I read about your annual theme - it is a powerful practice I initiated in 1995 and it's been no less than life changing. As you know, the themes unfold in almost magical ways. I love your "connect" and will consider it for one of my future themes.

Elizabeth said...

Leslie, I know exactly what you mean about things unfolding in an almost magical way. Love that.

azureus said...

a theme for me for this year will definitely have to be:

breaking old patterns. ;o)