January 31, 2010

Current Fave TV Shows

The thing about being sick is that I get to lay on the couch and catch up on my fave TV shows:

1. Heroes
Love this series. Am currently watching shows in Season 3 and they do seem to have lost their way a bit. The thing I really like about the show is that the story line changes multiple times - oh you thought he was dead? - not if we go back in time and change this thing. Fun. So if you could have any super power what would it be? Yes, the obvious answer is be like Peter who absorbs the powers of those around him. But I would love to fly.

2. Dollhouse
Am currently watching Season 1. I tend to like stuff that Joss Whedon does, so thought I'd check out this series. It is an interesting cross between Alias and My Own Worst Enemy, but there is also something very creepy about this show. In the final analysis, are these "dolls" really more than expensive whores? That aspect must have disturbed other viewers, so the sex was toned down in several of the shows. The idea that a person can get imprinted with characteristics that make him/her the perfect date for the very rich reminds me of the saying: Cocaine is God's way of telling you that you have too much money. Do you watch the show? What do you think?

3. Brothers and Sisters
Am currently watching Season 2. A family drama that follows the life of members of a family as they deal with various issues. Love Sally Field in this series. She is brilliant. The thing that bothers me? Again we have a white, very wealthy family in California. Okay, they did throw in a gay son. But still. So why do I watch? Sally Field. Rob Lowe. The strength of the family bonds that stretch but do not quite break.

4. Mad Men
Am currently watching Season 2. Such a clever show about ad execs and life in the 60s. The acting, the costumes, the dialog, and oh the drinking and smoking. Love this show.

No comments: