April 19, 2014

Journal pages

I continue to play with colored pencils. They are harder to use then it would seem, but I have fun none-the-less.


I write on both sides of the paper, and find that the colored pencil transfers when I do that. A simple solution is to have a sheet of wax paper between the pages with colored pencil. Any kind of paper would work as a buffer really. After I am several pages away, I find that I can remove the wax paper and there is no longer a transfer problem. 


This one makes me smile. Not good perspective, or accurate, but for a fast sketch, it captures a moment in time. And that is what it is all about isn't it?

These sketches was done in my cheapo writing/sketching journal using colored pencils and pen.
You can see a video of my 2014 journal plans here.

No comments: