April 15, 2014

Journal page

Part 2 of my homework assignment for Sketchbook Skool this week was to go out and sketch. I had plans to meet up with friends for Sunday dinner in Harvard Square, so decided to get there early and do some people sketching at The Coop. Love this bookstore.


 My first victim, I mean target, was this guy.


 A quick sketch with my G2 - don't have to worry about waterproof ink with colored pencils. Turned around and sketched this woman next.


Decided that I needed a third person to round out my session. Added some text and border and I was done.


It is always a little nerve wracking to sketch/paint in public. Interesting that I never have this issue while writing. Do it all the time. It is almost like I am waiting to get busted by the artist police: sorry ma'am, but we need to confiscate your art supplies. Like how this turned out. Am thinking that it would be fun to sketch the environs too. Next time.

This sketch was done in my cheapo writing/sketching journal using colored pencils and pen.
You can see a video of my 2014 journal plans here.

No comments: