April 11, 2014

Journal page

When I started drawing a couple of years ago, I dared not try faces. But they kept calling to me, so I dipped my toes in. Needless to say, they were not the most attractive portraits of people, but I actually slowed down enough to really look at their faces. I continue to have mixed results with faces, but then the other day, I drew this one.


As part of Sketchbook Skool homework, I drew and wrote about an experience with my nephew. And this actually looks like him. Even he recognized himself. Also wrote about a book discussion we had on FaceTime. Am inordinately proud of this drawing. 

This sketch was done in my cheapo writing/sketching journal using PITT pens.
You can see a video of my 2014 journal plans here.

1 comment:

Lynn Cohen said...

Love the story, love the drawing! What an awesome relationship to have with a child!