April 13, 2014

Journal page: Sketchbook Skool Week 2

The thing about taking a class is that it pushes you outside your comfort zone. This week our instructor is Koosje Koene, and one of the homework assignments is to sketch with colored pencils. Now I've got several sets around, bought years ago, and hardly ever used. Perfect nudge to use art supplies I already have in my stash. 


In case you could not tell, these are apples and a lime. I got the colors right, but clearly need to work on my form and tone. However, I realized that I love my Prismacolor pencils. So creamy, they glide on like butter on hot toast. Will certainly be playing with them this year.

This sketch was done in my cheapo writing/sketching journal using colored pencils and pen.
You can see a video of my 2014 journal plans here.

No comments: