March 19, 2012

Merhaba

Merhaba from the lovely city of Istanbul.

Am jet lagged, but so happy to be here. I love this city. It is so vibrant, and chock-full of history. There are wonderful things to gawk at everywhere you turn. We are having wonderful touring weather - sunny and high 50s.

Really needed to stretch our legs after that cramped flight, so have been doing quite a bit of walking since we arrived. Joined the sunday promenade through Gulhane Park yesterday. Strolled over to see the outside of the Blue Mosque and Aya Sophia. Am in awe.

Today explored the Grand and Spice Bazaars. Love the colors and the smells. Am on sensory overload already. Need to spend some time with my journal and digest my experiences so far.

Need I mention that I have already sampled the Baklava? It is sooo good.

No comments: