March 12, 2012

Flowers [1]
















The Sketchbook Challenge theme for this month is flowers. I realize that though I love flowers, I do not sketch them. Not really sure why. Maybe because I find it hard to capture their ethereal nature. So, here on this almost summer-like day (in early March!) is one of my flower pages from my journal. The pages get cropped on my scanner, but you get the idea.

The background paper and acrylic wash was already there. Added the flowers with ink and markers and a water brush to spread some of that marker around.

2 comments:

Joy's Creative Space said...

Kisiwa, I would like to join in on the flower prompt. Is i t to late to participate? Joy

Elizabeth said...

Joy, it is not too late to participate. You can find the info here:
http://sketchbookchallenge.blogspot.com