March 13, 2012

Cowboy

Less over at artjournaling has a cowboy challenge. You can read more about it here.

I do believe that I watched every cowboy movie ever produced as a kid. More than once. My Dad was a huge fan, and we kids knew no better. Was thinking about those fun memories as I played with this page.

Not having grown up here, I expected to see cowboys everywhere when I first arrived in the States. Imagine my surprise and disappointment when I realized I would not be hanging with cowboys. Well, I seek them out every chance I get, and have loved the rodeos I've attended.

Cowboys. Indians. Outlaws. Swooning women. Oh my. I remember an incident when I was working with young girls in an after school program, and this little girl asked me if I was Spanish. No. I am Indian. She looked at me with a puzzled expression. "But, I thought all the Indians were dead", she said. And she was only five years old. Sigh.

Acrylics and markers.

No comments: