October 19, 2006

News from North Korea

Is anyone else a little squirmy about Diane Sawyer’s dispatches from North Korea?

I think she is a very accomplished journalist, and maybe that’s the problem. Granted this is Good Morning America (GMA) – I catch about 10 mins before I run out the door in the morning.

Stories like “We’ll see what they eat for breakfast” can hardly be considered news from a country that is planning a second nuclear test. I know that she’ll probably have her visa revoked if she said anything controversial, and maybe we’ll hear the real scoop once she’s back in the US. But, I for one am disappointed at my peek into what makes “those people” tick.

Do we really need another wealthy American asking the “natives” why they hate America?

I for one want some real news – like what exactly is the problem with Madonna adopting a child from Africa?

No comments: