October 26, 2006

Dinner in Goa

I am always on the lookout for new Indian restaurants near me, and when Café Goa opened up in Westford this summer, we had to check it out.

I am delighted to say that as long as you know what to order off the menu, the food is quite delicious. I prefer the items on their menu as opposed to the weekend buffet – not enough variety (the only meat is the safe one – Chicken). And I am partial to Lamb.

It’s always an adventure when you order wine in an Indian Restaurant. The first time we ordered a bottle of red at Café Goa, we watched in amusement as every man that worked there came out to offer their advice on how to uncork the bottle. Just as one of us was going to walk over to the bar and offer to help, one of the guys succeeded in getting the cork out.

Am delighted to report that since our last visit, someone took the time to train our waiter on wine etiquette. Last night, he brought the bottle to our table. Showed it to us. Uncorked it and had me taste. Proceeded to fill the glasses in the correct order. Left the cork on the table. Halleluiah! His mother could not have been more proud.

No comments: