January 2, 2013

2012 Mileage Graph

As part of my healthy for life project in 2011, I decided to walk 50 miles each month. I was so excited that I charted my progress for the year, and added up the miles. The grand total? 714 miles. One step at a time over many days add up.

Decided to challenge myself in 2012 and work towards running a 5K. Ran/walked my first one in April of the year, and while I cannot run the entire distance yet (painful shin splint issues), I have learned much about myself in the process. So, here is my mileage graph for 2012. I simply love seeing the 780.1 miles displayed this way.

(Click on image to enlarge)

So what are my healthy for life goals for 2013? Be able to run a 5K without walking. Get in more hiking and biking. Add yoga into the mix, and stay injury free. Let's begin.

2 comments:

Pam said...

Good for you! My total mileage for 2012 was 543.5, almost all walking. This year, I'm going to add elliptial and cycling to my miles. Maybe I can catch up to you! Congrats on all those steps!

Elizabeth said...

Thanks Pam. Congrats to you as well. It is so much fun to see the miles add up no?