November 23, 2012

Thankful

As we, here in the US, celebrate Thanksgiving weekend, I'm spending Black Friday marching to the beat of a different drummer. No traffic jams, and shopping malls, and rude, unhappy people for me.

I am thankful that there is really nothing that I need. Sure there are things that I want, but how often do we take the time to consider all that we already have?

If you recall a post from earlier this month, I'm following along with Deepak Chopra's 21-Day Meditation Challenge. I can honestly say that my brain is being re-wired. And in a good way. Now, don't get me wrong - my monkey mind still comes out to play and throw things about - but as a whole, I am a better person for it. If you are doing the challenge too I'd love to hear your thoughts.

So today I am thankful. For loved ones. For friends. For health. For having everything I need. For beauty. For nature. For great books. And for you. You out there in the blog-o-sphere, who check in regularly  who leave comments, who inspire me each and every day with your creativeness, and grit, and generosity  Thank you. Or as my peeps say, asante sana.

No comments: