August 1, 2012

Terminator

I've been on a Terminator kick lately. Have watched the three movies again, and got immersed in the Sarah Connor Chronicles. This has got me thinking about good story telling. The first two movies by Cameron are really good stories. It is unusual to like a second movie in a series as much as the first. The third one is handed off to a different story teller. You can tell. While the special effects are cool, the story lacks something.

The Sarah Connor Chronicles TV series only lasted two seasons, and I can understand why. Wonderful premise, but not great story telling. And is it just me, but was anyone else uncomfortable while how skinny she was? Ugh.

So I've been seeing terminators in my dreams, and trying to wrap my mind about all that time travel stuff.

No comments: