June 27, 2012

Recent Reads

67. Micro
I am picky about books I start, so usually tend to read them all the way through. Not this one. Gave up after the first 40 pages or so. It was published after the author's death - completed by someone else. Too bad, because I quite love Michael Crichton's work - especially his earlier stuff. Don't bother with this one. 1 star.

68. Defending Jacob
Oh the disappointment that is Defending Jacob. Some clever writing, but poorly plotted and the story did just not grab me. Maybe I have read too many great crime/courtroom stories, but I struggled to finish this one. 2 stars.

Shaking the dust of my nook in preparation for my next great read.


69.  Collage Lost and Found
This might be a good intro book to collage, but the art is just not my style. 2 stars.

70. Tell The Wolves I'm Home
I started the day with a one, maybe two cup. In bed. With this book. And it was a good thing that there was nothing urgent I had to do that day, because I read it in one sitting. Loved everything about this wonderful story. There are many kinds of love, and this story explores love, envy, jealously, family, grief, loss and redemption. There were several times when I cried. The good kinda of crying, not the sad kind. I hugged this book to my chest when I was done. What a lovely debut novel. The world is a better place with this book in it. 5 stars.

71. World's End
This is book #8 in The Sandman graphic novel series. Story telling is as old as humanity. Travelers caught in a huge storm end up in a strange inn, and share their stories to pass the time. What a fun series. 4 stars.

No comments: