June 4, 2012

Recent Reads

53. Portrait of a Spy
I quite enjoyed the most recent Gabriel Allon book. This is #11 in the series, and I am all caught up, until the next one is released in July. Honestly the writing and stories are rather formulaic at this point, but you either love the Mossad art restorer or you don't. I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

54. Lots of Candles, Plenty of Cake
The audio is read by the author, and I felt like I was hanging out with an older, wiser friend as she talked about love, marriage, family, career, life. I give it 3.5 stars, which rounds up to 4 out of 5.

55. The Book Whisperer
I want a business card with this as my title. I love to read, and am constantly urging books onto everyone I know, including my young nieces and nephews. So, you can imagine my delight when we spend hours talking about books. The author is a language arts teacher and talks about her way of inspiring kids to become readers. I give it 3.5 stars, which rounds up to 4 out of 5.

No comments: