December 30, 2010

December Daily 2010 - Day 28

Journaling:
A visit to my local library is like having Christmas every day. I remember visits to the library when I was kid in Mombasa - something about the smell and texture of books captivated me. As I grew up, I started buying my own books, so stopped visiting the library. Then about a decade or so ago, realized how much I was spending on books - could fund my retirement with that money! - so started visiting my local library and fell in love with libraries all over again. My heaven is a library with large rooms, huge windows, a fireplace, comfy sofas, resident cats, hot tea carafes and wonderful leather bound books. Bliss.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Capturing stories. One day at a time. For the month of December.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Love libraries as well and yours sounds divine.