September 30, 2014

Piper Kerman @ UMassLowell

I spent this chilly and rainy night at UMass Lowell's new student center. And holy smokes, the area around the North Campus has dramatically changed for the better.


I was there to hear Piper Kerman talk about her book Orange Is the New Black, which is also a Netflix series hit I mentioned in my Cinemascope post last week.


Piper gave a riveting and educational talk tonight @UMassLowell. One of the top ten author talks I've ever attended.


There were long, long lines to see Piper tonight. The room was full, so people were directed to overflow areas with a TV feed. The book gods smiled on us - we were pulled out of an overflow conference room and given seats front and center!


A fun evening at my old alma mater with Charlene and Janice (a senior in Chemical Engineering I met in line). 

No comments: