October 2, 2014

Cinemascope: Her

Cinemascope is a regular blog post where I will share with you movies and TV shows I think are worth watching.


Released in 2013.

Plot line: A lonely writer develops an unlikely relationship with his newly purchased operating system that's designed to meet his every need.

I was rather skeptical about the premise of this story; how many more movies with sexy bots is Hollywood really going to make? I really like Joaquin Phoenix as an actor though, so got the DVD from my library and settled in with low expectations. And was pleasantly surprised. He is wonderful in this role, and this movie explores themes of love and loss and community and friendship and reality. A wonderful exploration of humanity in a virtual world.

You can see the trailer here. If you have yet to see it, this is a movie worth watching.

No comments: