September 25, 2014

Cinemascope: Orange is the New Black (Season 1)

Cinemascope is a regular blog post where I will share with you movies and TV shows I think are worth watching.


Released in 2013.

Plot line: The story of Piper Chapman, a woman in her thirties who is sentenced to fifteen months in prison after being convicted of a decade-old crime of transporting money for her drug-dealing girlfriend.

I was a huge fan of Season 1 of Prison Break, and was surprised at how much I enjoyed the prison setting. If you have yet to watch it, I would highly recommend that as well. I also tried Oz, but was not sucked into the story or characters, so bailed after a handful of episodes. Then along comes Orange is the New Black, based on a memoir of the same name. The story is set in a women's prison, deals with themes of sexuality, criminality, class, race, etc and is so good. 

You can see the trailer here. If you have yet to see it, this is a TV series worth watching.

No comments: