September 2, 2013

The Newsroom

I am always on the lookout for interesting TV shows, something that seems to be getting harder and harder to find. Since I'm a West Wing fan, decided to check out The Newsroom.



From Wiki: The Newsroom is an American television political drama series created and principally written by Aaron Sorkin that premiered on HBO on June 24, 2012. The series chronicles the behind-the-scenes events at the fictional Atlantis Cable News channel.

I watched the first two DVDs of Season 1. The first five episodes, and while I like the premise, the women in the show really bother me. They are incompetent and whiny and so dang male identified. What professional woman would ever behave in such a way in a work setting? Am I the only one annoyed?

Turns out I am not. You can read exactly what I'm talking about here. Seriously Mr. Sorkin, I expect more from you.

No comments: