September 9, 2013

Recent Reads

92. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
This book makes several top 10 lists for books set in Las Vegas, and since I'm heading out there again, it was the perfect time to dive in. 

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed reading this drug addled road trip to Vegas in search of The American Dream. The author writes wonderfully, is insightful and funny. I did get tired of the drug induced paranoia towards the end of the book, but overall am glad I finally got around to reading it. Rating: 3 stars.


93. They Moved My Bowl: Dog Cartoons by New Yorker Cartoonist Charles Barsotti
This compilation of dog cartoons has some fun moments, but overall I found it to be just an OK read. Rating: 2 stars.

94. How to Tell If Your Cat is Plotting to Kill You
This collection of cat cartoons is a fun and quick read. If you've been around cats and wondered how it is that they don't kill you while you sleep, give this a read. Rating: 3 stars.

95. The Big Exit
I listened to the audiobook, which was well narrated by R.C Bray, but as a person who has worked with tech startups, I expected more from this story. While there are some interesting ideas, it never really hits its stride, and at no point was I sucked into this world. Rating: 2 stars.

No comments: