February 9, 2013

Shoveling Out after Nemo


Holy smokes did we get a lot of snow. Thank goodness that it is the light fluffy kind here. This is the most snow I've ever seen fall in a single storm. The snow has stopped, but the wind is still brisk and it is so cold - temps 19F. Shoveling out in stages. Stage 1 dug a path to the hump at the end of the driveway. Stage 2 cleared the hump. Stage 3 cleared the driveway to the back of one of the cars. Stage 4 time for cocktails. Not bothering with the walkway today - if salespeople want to ring my doorbell, they can shovel their way to the door.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

You are so funny. This so reminds me of the blizzard of '78. The snow bankings were over my head and I'm 5' tall. You definitely needed the cocktails! I'm pulling weeds and trimming overgrown shrubs in FL. My heart goes out to everyone up there.

Elizabeth said...

There was an incredible amount of snow, and when you have to move it a shovel full at time, you really appreciate just how much of it there is. Wonderful that you are warm and toasty in FL. Why did I move up here from FL again???