January 25, 2012

Recent Reads

6. Print Workshop
New author #5. If you are an absolute beginner, this might be a good book to start with. It was too low level for me and while I liked some of the prints, was not really inspired by what I saw.

7. The Informationist
New author #6. I did not like The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and did not continue to read the other 2 books in the trilogy. Since all the reviews I read linked these two books, I should have skipped this one. There are similarities between the books - the main character is an abused, traumatized young woman who solves a mystery. I did like the setting of this book - I don't often read thrillers set in West Africa, but that was about the only thing I liked. A fast read that kinda read like a video game - lots of action and slaughter. Not sure that I'll be reading the next in the series.

8. Aya of Yop City
This graphic novel is the #2 book in the Aya series. The story continues from where the last book ends, and the father of the baby is resolved. Like book #1, I enjoyed following the lives of Aya and her friends and am looking forward to seeing how the cliff hanger at the end of the book is resolved.

2012 reading goals:
Authors new to me = 12. YTD = 6.
2 books by Charles Dickens. YTD = 0

No comments: