January 3, 2012

Happy New Year

There is something delicious about a new year. You know that feeling when you are out for a walk or snow-shoe, and there is a pristine snow covered field in front of you? Just waiting for your footprints? It's kinda like that.

And it is resolution time. You might now that I gave up on resolutions several years back. Instead I pick a word that captures my intention for the year. Last year my word was EXPLORE. And I can honestly say that I have learned and grown and explored terrains that were new to me. Physically, emotionally, mentally, socially, artistically, spiritually, geographically. Love that.

My word this year is LIGHT. Here are some definitions that sing to me:
  • Something that makes things visible or affords illumination
  • Luminous, radiant energy
  • Luminary
  • Spiritual illumination or awareness; enlightenment
  • Mental insight; understanding
  • Lighthouse
  • Lightly; to travel light
  • Of little weight; not heavy
  • With no load or cargo carried; no baggage

May 2012 be the best one yet.

No comments: