January 6, 2012

Recent Reads

Here are my final books of 2011:

135. Traveling with Pomegranates
I really wanted to like this mother/daughter travel log, but could not get into it. Finally abandoned it about 3/4 of the way through.

136. Nightwoods
This slim book is a wonderful read. The writing is cinematic - I can almost taste and smell the surroundings. The story of wounded people who find a home together. Simply lovely.

I've in the midst of several books that will make it to my 2012 list. So based on the numbers, I read 135 books last year. Less than some years. More than others. I've read about people who shy away from "thick" books so as to boost their count. Who are they doing this for I wonder?

2012 is the 200th birthday celebration of Charles Dickens. See more here. In celebration, I plan to read a couple of his books that are on my TBR list. In particular, will start with Bleak House. Other than that my plan is to read 12 authors new to me and to continue to immerse myself in great reads. Happy reading.

No comments: