October 6, 2011

Recent Reads

102. The Lincoln Lawyer
Great for a road trip. Listened to the audio version of this book a the long ride to A2 and quite enjoyed it. Time behind the wheel flew while listening to this interesting story about the justice system and the notion of reasonable doubt.

103. The Brass Verdict
Another great book for a road trip. Listened to this one on the ride back home from A2. This is Bosch #14 and Haller #2, and it was interesting to see the two characters interact.

104. The Wake of Forgiveness
Maybe I was not just in the right mood for this book, but I do not understand the rave reviews. I quit reading after the first 100 pages - simply did not care about any of the characters and what would happen to them. Some of the writing is quite lovely, but in the end was not enough to draw me in and keep me interested.

105. Stitches
I love graphic novels and loved this one. This memoir captures the particulars on one unhappy and tragic family story. I love that the drawings are deceptively simple and yet stay with you for a long time after you read the book. Makes me what to give the author a hug.

No comments: