April 15, 2010

Recent Reads

1. Eco Books
This is a fun book with interesting ideas. Who knew you could make a book using egg cartons?

2. Possession
Read this for a book club and it was a mental workout for me. It is not often that I feel that my education is lacking - and this was one of those times. Loved the story, the letters, the journal entries, the many voices. Struggled with the poetry - I must have missed that week in school. But kept at it - my way of celebrating National Poetry Month. There were at least a couple of words on each page I did not know - so my vocabulary is stronger for reading it. This is certainly not a young adult book - a pleasant change. I know that I saw the movie many moons ago - am going to watch it again to see how true to the book it is.

What are you reading? Anything good?

No comments: