November 25, 2013

Recent Reads

128. Alexandria: In Which the Extraordinary Correspondence of Griffin & Sabine Unfolds
This is the second book in the Morning Star trilogy, and the fifth book of the Griffin and Sabine story. Danger, passion, and romance unfolds, but I did not enjoy this book as much as the others. I love Egypt as the main setting, and the artwork is lovely, but the letters were not as interesting. I hope the author finishes strong. Rating: 2 stars.

129. The Morning Star: In Which the Extraordinary Correspondence of Griffin & Sabine is Illuminated
This is the final book in the Morning Star trilogy, and the sixth book of the Griffin and Sabine story. As much as I love the idea of the story and the artwork, the final two books in the series did not captivate me. Rating: 2 stars.

130. Fables, Vol. 8: Wolves
Book #8 in the Fables graphic novel series is an ode to wolves. Bigby goes on a mission. A beanstalk is involved. I like Cinderella more and more. Action, adventure, a growing litter, and yes, a wedding. Fun. Rating: 3 stars.

131. World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
Let me start by saying that I am not a Zombie fan - is fan even the right word? If there are Vampires and Lycanthrope, count me in, but Zombies? Nah. So imagine my surprise when I really enjoyed this audiobook. The Zombie Wars almost eradicated human kind, and after the war, the author interviews people from all over the world to record their first person experience of the battle. The author wonderfully captures unique voices with each character, and I would highly recommend the full cast narration version of this book. Rating: 4 stars.

No comments: