April 12, 2012

Recent Movies

My problem is that by the time I get around to thinking about going to the movies, the movies I want to see are already on DVD. Well, not such a big problem as I get to watch in my jammies and snack on whatever I want.

1. The Help
I loved the book and loved the movie. I do think the book is better, but this is one of the few movies-made-from books that I loved. "You is smart. You is kind. You is important".

2. Moneyball
Had not even heard about this movie until Brad Pitt got his nomination for an Oscar. I found the movie slow going, but interesting. Think I might check out the book it is based on.

3. Real Steel
Not a movie I would have paid money to watch, but it was better than expected. Hugh Jackman should have taken off his shirt more often!

4. Midnight in Paris
I liked this movie even though I find Own Wilson extremely annoying. The supporting cast was great.

No comments: