April 28, 2012

Book adaptations

There have been quite a few books that haven been adapted lately. Some great, some not so good.

1. Games of Thrones
I've had this series on my TBR list for ages - my ebook one - and was conflicted as to whether to watch Season 1 before I had read the books. When my library had the complete first season available, I decided to jump in, and have to say that I loved it. So, the book has just popped up to my will read in May list, and I will put off watching Season 2 until I've read the books.

2. Hugo
This is another book on my TBR list, and I have to say I do not understand all the hype about this movie. Yes, I loved the photography and the lighting, and oh those gears, but the story was simply not compelling. Guess, I'll just read the book.

3. Great Expectations
Holy moly, is this adaptation fabulous. Love everything about it, and expect no less from Masterpiece productions.

4. The Hunger Games
I actually got to see this in the theaters before it got to DVD - something that rarely happens. While I liked the movie, I did not love it. The book is sooooo much better. There is so much missing in the movie that you don't get if you have not read the book.

No comments: