February 8, 2012

Journal Page

I found the image of this woman in my stash and thought that I'd use it to create positive and negative shapes to play with. Here is what I did with the positive shape. I already had the yellow acrylic wash on the page, which made the rest of the colors an easy decision. The page came together rather quickly. Collage items, ink and makers.

The warm colors remind me of spring - which it almost feels like in these parts (the northeast US). We are into February with no snow and none on the forecast! Guess that might be a positive side effect of global warming then? In any case I am loving it.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

love the page and lettering. the doodling on the face looks like tattooing.

Débora Moraleda said...

Beatiuful!!!!

Elizabeth said...

Thank you.