December 9, 2011

Spring 2011 Travel Journal

I love travel journals. Making them. Filling them. Seeing how other people do them. The possibilities are endless. Quite fun.

I had made a travel journal for a 2 week trip this spring and filled it up, but did not make a video because I had to figure out a way to hide personal pages. I spent some time marinating on the issue. I could simply remove the pages. I could put them into envelopes, or cover them in some way. My eureka moment happened when it occurred to me that I could simply fold the pages in half - easy enough to do since I used a ring bound book. This way the pages are in the right place in the journal, but still I have a measure of privacy. Viola!

The fun thing about a ring bound book, is that the pages can be re-ordered at any time and I don't have to use all the pages I start out with - so no leftover pages at the end. On this journal I did not add any of my photos - something I will explore with my next one.

You can see a quick video of the completed journal here.
You can read about how I created the journal and see the "before" video here.

2 comments:

Adriann said...

Love the color palette...thanks for sharing!

Elizabeth said...

Thanks Adriann. Hope your computer woes are over.