December 12, 2011

Bound for Vegas Travel Journal (pre-trip)

One of the things I do to prepare for a trip is make a new travel journal. I decided to make this one 6x6 inches as I really love the portability of that size.

As usual I try to recycle as much as possible when I make a journal. The covers are cardboard covered with wall paper samples on the outside and scraps of wrapping paper on the inside. I used a piece of furniture swatch for the spine. The inside is made up of cheapo watercolor paper colored with cheapo acrylic paint, and vellum paper that I had bought ages ago. Also recycled a couple of envelopes I got in the mail. Decided to add photos to this journal, so started with some photos from my visit this time last year. Added stamping, collage material, stickers and labels. All bound with an easy pamphlet stitch and I'm good to go.

You can see a quick video of the journal pre-trip here.
You can see all my videos here.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: