December 30, 2011

Final push

One of the goals I've had this year was to commit to getting in at least 50 miles of walking every month. Some months are great and I am way over. Other months it comes down to the wire, and this is such a time.

I woke up this morning with 7.74 miles to go to meet my target of 50 and 2 days left in the month. I was too lazy to get bundled up and go out for a cold morning walk, so jumped on the treadmill instead. You know me you know my passion for books, and was I ever delighted to find an On Point podcast with the Best Books of 2011 waiting for me to listen to. Most of the books are already on my TBR pile. I've read a couple on the list, and was introduced to some new ones to add to my towering TBR list. You can see the On Point list here.

Okay 5.14 miles to go. Will I make it?

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Even if you don't, I commend your persistence. Amazing what you've done. I'm just trying to start with 5 min. on treadmill. geez.

Elizabeth said...

Thanks Cynthia. You'd be surprised how quickly the miles add up. Good luck.