December 6, 2011

Art Journal Flip #2

To see a quick video of my recently completed art journal, click here.

For this journal, I decided to try a different size, and made a 6x6 inch book. It took a bit of getting used to, as I don't usually create on square pages. I love the portability of this size and will make journals like this again.

This handmade journal is so easy to make and uses recycled stuff. The covers are leftover illustration board, the spine is a fabric sample swatch, and the cover image is a junk mail postcard. I used cheapo watercolor paper for my signatures and bound the book together with a simple long stitch. As always, I feel quite fond of my filled journal and was reluctant to put it down to start a new one. Books become friends don't they?

You can see my other videos here.

No comments: