September 16, 2011

Recent Reads

96. The Messenger
This is #6 in the Gabriel Allon series. An interesting look at terrorism in its many forms, how Saudi Arabia funds organizations like al-Qaeda, and the uneasy relationship between the US and the Saudis. The action is fast paced, and reminded me a little of Jack Bauer - I mean the sheer pace of all that happens in a day is exhausting and makes me feel like quite the underachiever. A fun and interesting read.

97. The Good Body
This is really wonderful. If you get the chance get the audio version and listen to Eve perform the piece - so very powerful. It made me laugh and cry and think. Loved it.

98. The Lock Artist
This is the first book I've read by the author and I really liked it. An interesting story told along two time-lines about a traumatized boy who discovers that he has a much sought after skill. The voice is clear, fresh and compelling, though I did find the end a bit rushed.

No comments: