June 28, 2011

Recent Reads

1. Love and Rockets
I love graphic novels, so tried out this award winner and was not impressed. Gave up about halfway through - just could not get into it.

2. The Kitchen House
Loved immersing myself in this read. Reminded me of Gone with the Wind - a good saga. This is not an easy story - after all how can a story about a white indentured servant and slaves be easy? There were parts where I was so angry I could barely see the words on the page, but really loved the story.

3. The Professor and the Madman
My book club selection this month is a fascinating read. I learned much about the making of the OED - things I had not even thought about! Love when that happens.

4. Art at the Speed of Life
This is a fun book full of inspiration and eye candy.

No comments: