June 22, 2011

Recent Reads

1. The Imperfectionists
I had no idea when I started reading this book that it was a group of connected short stories - so that was a surprise. While I did not love it, it was an interesting read and got me thinking about the dying world of print newspapers and how we get our news today.

2. The Clan of the Cave Bear
This series has been on my list for ages, and decided to simply dive in this summer. I loved this first book in a series of six, and can see what all the fuss is about. Such a fun, escapist read.

3. The Last Oracle
Every now and then I dive into the thriller genre - my idea of popcorn - and have read a few books by this author. A quick, if not all that great a read, with interesting things to ponder in regards to how we address nuclear waste globally and the plasticity of the human brain.

No comments: