June 19, 2011

Journal Page

Had fun creating this page.

The background had splashes of yellow acrylics left over from another project. I tend to like starting on a page that already has something on it - not that blank white.

While sipping tea, munching on a cinnamon scone and flipping through a magazine (a magic combination for me), came across an image by R.Stein that I liked. Drew the outlines at the book store and then added color and texture when I got back home. Used watercolors, acrylics and a henna stencil. Fun page to create.

2 comments:

Kimberly's Mixed Media Art said...

I really love your freedom when you draw. You work is amazing and it goes to show that everyone is creative in his or her own way. Don't worry about technical just continue to flow. Its wonderful!

Elizabeth said...

Thanks Kimberly. I love your style - great colors and atmosphere.