January 26, 2011

Recent Reads

1. Wolf Hall
I am fascinated by the Tudor court and how the world changed during that period of time, so was excited about this book. While I learned much about Thomas Cromwell and got better insight into the times, this was a difficult read. The writing seemed rather tortured.

2. Labor Day
An interesting coming of age story that stayed with me after I closed the book. It is often said that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Well, I think the same is true of strangeness. What is normal in your home is simply the way things are - until you explore the outer world and realize that you are in fact strange. Really enjoyed this book.

3. Mary and O'Neil
Loved everything about this book and would highly recommend it. Beautifully written exploration of the human condition. I laughed. I cried. I found my hand over my heart during portions. One of the best books I've read in a while.

No comments: