January 11, 2011

Blizzard warning

There is something about an upcoming snow day - blizzard in this case - that gets my creative juices flowing. Maybe it is the nowhere to go feeling of a snow day that brings it on.

I started this page with a certain idea in mind and ended up here. Love it. I painted the background with water colors with some masking tape used as resist. Then attached this piece of tissue paper/napkin using gel medium, and love, love, love how it turned out. Got a stash of napkins from a member of my art journal group and decided to play and see what I could create with them. There needs to be some writing to finish the page - will post that when completed.

It's a new year. Get out that stash you've been saving and use it. Sometimes beautiful things happen.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Stunning. Love the colors and the shapes and lines. Has a frightened and whimsical feel. Very appropo for the coming storm.

Elizabeth said...

Thanks Cynthia. We've got over a foot already this morning. Let it snow!

Pam said...

Hi,
I am also part of the Sketchbook Challenge and I saw your blog address and thought I'd hop over and take a look; gosh, I'm glad I did. I am struck by your beautiful work. I particularly like the peacock fan, it is rich and delicate. I am going to follow your blog and hope you'll check mine out and do the same. I'm a wife, a teacher, an exhibiting mixed media artist in SW FL, a mom and grandma...my blog address is: http://www.mixthemedia247.blogspot.com Hope you'll come by check it out, leave a comment and follow! I'll be back to see your fantastic work.