January 8, 2011

Recent Reads

1. Kid Chat
Had fun flipping through this book as I looked for journal prompts to add to the journals I gave my nieces and nephew in December. They would be good questions for adults too.

2. The Last Ember
Don't bother. Not sure what all the rave reviews are about. While I did like learning some of the historical events the book is based on, the story and writing are both really poor.

3. Black Swan Green
Loved it, and it has stayed with me since I read it. It is classified as a YA book, but the writing is crisp and intelligent and I loved everything about this coming of age story.

4. The Space Between Us
Loved it. This is what my book club is reading this month. It is well written and there are so many things to ponder and discuss after reading it. Looking forward to my book club discussion next weekend.

No comments: