September 19, 2010

Specs

You might recall that I bought my first pair of reading glasses last year in Thailand. Actually bought them to read The Mosquito Coast which was printed in this tiny horrible print, though I loved the book. Since then, have not really needed them. This summer I started reading on my nook, and could simply change font size - so was lulled into this false sense of being able to see just fine. Umm, am here to report that I've been using my reading glasses for the past week and actually need them. Even more interesting is that I had them on while eating breakfast one morning and could actually see details of my meal that I could not before. Wonder how much we don't actually see and don't even realize. Fascinating.

Faces are tough to draw - there are always emotions tied to a human face.

No comments: