September 8, 2010

Recent Reads

1. Foreign Affairs
My book club selection for the month starts out slowly but is quite an interesting read. I especially like that the story is told from the point of view of a man and a woman who do not end up together - that is refreshing in itself. Also liked how the characters actually say things that we often think, but do not say out loud. The story explores the sense of self at home and abroad. Quite good.

2. The Host
Summer reading indeed. I'm been on a Greek gods, vampires and now aliens kick - oh my! This was a perfect read for a sailing cruise. Why are post apocalyptic novels so popular again?

3. The Art of Travel
Have been slowly reading, savoring and reflecting my way through this gem of a book. Having finished it last night, I can tell you that I am not the same person I was prior to reading it. And maybe best of all it has set me on new paths to explore. Fantastic.

No comments: