September 18, 2010

Masks

The prompt I had given my art journal group was to create pages using masks or stencils. At the meeting today, it was fun to see what others had created. So many good ideas to explore further. What fun.

Here are my pages. For this one which I had posted earlier, I used the image from a magazine as my mask. For the pages below, I used pics of my nephews that they had given me recently. I also decided to capture some thoughts about them at this age. Each line of text starts with their current age - so Luke's all start with @ seven, and Jonah's @ five. For the background I used a couple of Tim Holtz masks and my own stencils. You'd be surprised at what you can do with that netting that comes with a box of clementines. Love how these turned out.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Love your blog. Today's meetup was lots of fun and I learned lots of new ways of approaching materials and supplies. Looking forward to next months project. Thanks for sharing........

Elizabeth said...

Thanks Cynthia. My mind buzzes with new ways to use gesso :-)