April 28, 2016

Cinemascope: Testament of Youth

Cinemascope is a regular blog post where I will share with you movies and TV shows I think are worth watching.




Released in 2014.

Plot line: Testament of Youth is a powerful story of love, war and remembrance, based on the First World War memoir by Vera Brittain, which has become the classic testimony of that war from a woman's point of view. A searing journey from youthful hopes and dreams to the edge of despair and back again, it's a film about young love, the futility of war and how to make sense of the darkest times.

I seem to be watching quite a few war movies lately, but I love that there are from a woman's point of view. I have not read the memoir this is based on, and this is an interesting story about the horror and life altering times of war. I especially liked how this movie explores how turbulent times change society and women's roles in them. I would recommend this one for fans of historical fiction and period pieces.

You can see the trailer here. If you have yet to see it, this is a movie worth watching.

No comments: