April 21, 2016

Cinemascope: Restless

Cinemascope is a regular blog post where I will share with you movies and TV shows I think are worth watching.




Released in 2012.

Plot line: Based on the bestselling spy novel by William Boyd, this Emmy®-nominated BBC drama is a tale of passion, duplicity, and betrayal. Ruth Gilmartin (Michelle Dockery) is stunned to learn that her mother, Sally (Charlotte Rampling), has been living a double life. Her real name is Eva Delectorskaya (Hayley Atwell), she worked as a spy for the British Secret Service in the 1940s, and now someone is stalking her.

When I saw that this was based on a William Boyd novel, and a spy novel at that, I was sold. There are two timelines in this one, and the story shifts back and forth between the 1970s and WWII. I love spy stories that feature women, and this one does not disappoint. I would highly recommend this one for fans of historical fiction and period pieces.

You can see the trailer here. If you have yet to see it, this is a movie worth watching.

No comments: