March 10, 2016

Cinemascope: The Contender

Cinemascope is a regular blog post where I will share with you movies and TV shows I think are worth watching.




Released in 2003.

Plot line: When the sitting Vice President dies, Senator Laine Hanson is chosen by the President to be the first woman to hold the office. The selection meets with opposition from members of both parties, in particular a powerful political adversary who will seemingly stop at nothing to discredit her. Her confirmation hearings set off a firestorm of controversy as shocking secrets from Hanson's past are revealed, threatening her personal life as well as her political future.

I can barely stand to watch any of the presidential debates or hoopla, so decided to watch a movie that I have loved each and every time I've watched it. And I still do. This is a fantastic political thriller that explores many important issues, and the cast and acting is superb.

You can see the trailer here. If you have yet to see it, this is a movie worth watching.

No comments: